Saturday, September 29, 2007

Under the Sea

I went to the beach yesterday and saw some seashells. I wanted to pick one up, but then it turned out to be a giant clam!

Just then the whole beach dissappeared, and I dove under the water and saw a school of fish. They looked up at me and quickly swam away.

I swam deeper after them, and then I noticed that the water was getting darker and darker as I went. I was beginning to get a little scared.

There was something down there, but I didn't know what it was; I turned around to go back up, but I realized that I couldn't remember the way. It was so dark, I couldn't see where I was.
All of a sudden, a bright green light appeared out of the darkness. I was afraid because I had heard about those deep sea monsters. What if it was the Loch Ness? Or even a giant piranha? I was in terrible danger.

I had to make a quick decision: Either keep swimming down, or turn around and get farther lost. I didn't want to die, or drown, so I had to make a choice fast.

I spotted one fish, two fish, three! I think it was the school I saw earlier! I started to swim after them, as they began to take me higher and higher out of the deep.

Slowly we reached the tip of the light. I was elated! I was so afraid, but now my body was only filled with joy.

As soon as I reached the top of the water, I took in a giant gulp of fresh air. I made my way back to the beach to relax, and catch my breath. I laid down on the warm sand, and right there beside me was a pearly white seashell.

No comments: