Saturday, May 24, 2008

Austin, Texas


Wow, I hadn't realized how pretty Austin could be at night. Man, I haven't been here in so long.

In other news, we got superior ratings [1's] at the constest WOO! It was amazing; even our director was amazed. He seriously thought we were gonna get a 2.

WE got medals too!

The contest was held at the University of Texas, Austin of course, and that just so happens to be the same college that William is going to be attending in the Fall. Cool!

WE stayed in that buildig all day, and there were people everywhere. It was crazy. From all over Texas! [hmm, maybe it's because this was a State competition] but seriously they were EVERYWHERE on the floor, every corner of the building sleeping and what-not. It was like giant slumber party. Only more formal.

We had to dress up. I think I had my outfit on for a grand total of and hour, and I took it off! Maybe not even an hour.. 45 minutes. We were the first to perform for our judge.

Later that day they took us out to eat at this resturant called "The Brick Oven" the food was alright, but not as good as it sounded. The lasagna was good, but the fettaccini Alfredo tasted like glue and wet noodles. I think the best thing outta that place was the bleu cheese salad dressing.

I L.O.V.E Bleu Cheese!

I love its savvory flavors!

This hotel, the "Double Tree" hotel, is I mean, so fancy that, I don't know. I just have never been somewhere like this before. There are rich old people all over the place. I guess we were kinda out of place; they kept giving us the eyes.

We totally went into the ballroom and threw a party.

Seriously, one part of the Hotel looked like the Titanic Dining room. Maybe a low-key version, but it was so fancy.

They had a flippin Tiki bar!

This girl that was rooming with me jacked a pillow.

It was pretty hilarious.

No comments: